Welcome!
We are the Crescent Choir. Yay.
About Us
Choir Practices
Tuesday: 3pm to 6pm
Thursday: 3.30pm to 6.30pm
Sectionals aside from official practices are to be decided by the SLs.
Conductor
Mrs Lim
Teachers-In-Charge
Ms Jamie Seow & Mr Tan Yew Hock
Committee of 2010/2011
President
Valetta Teo
Vice Presidents
Lim Jia Hui (Administration) & Chua Rui Ting (Discipline)
Treasurer & Secretary
Lim Jia Hui
Librarians
Carmen Ho, Jamie Chua and Cheryl Tay
Quarter Mistresses
Daphne Ling, Lee Pei Pei and Yvonne Tan
Editors
Low Jo Ann and Andrea Ng
Section Leaders
Soprano One Section: Chua Rui Ting & Elaine Kartawibowo
Soprano Two Section: Gloria Chung & Lee Si Ning
Alto One Section: Grace Chong & Claudia Chong
Alto Two Section: Winny Chen & Grace Tang
Recent Updates
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Hey Choir,
Juniper has spoken to the committee, but I think the whole choir should know this too. I think Juniper may just speak to you guys on Thursday about this again too.
Techniques aside, I think we really lack a LOT of motivation. Considering we are just eleven days to the performance, it's really dangerous and scary when you think about how far we have covered during our practices. Think about it, we only got through one song today, in close to four hours. That's a really scary thing. By now, we shouldn't even be burying our noses in our score while singing. Right now, you should be able to sing WITHOUT the score. By the next practice, I really don't want to see you guys holding them - you should be able to survive just as well without them.
Another thing: Music - well, singing, is not just about blasting. You have to listen. I know Mrs Lim always say the Mezzos are too weak and stuff. But you need to take note of the dynamics too. Previously, when I was listening to you guys at the start of the practice, I realise that most of you seem to be competing section against section: Who Can Sing Louder / If The Other Section Sings Louder, We Must Sing Even Louder. No. Don't do that. We are suppose to complement each other within and outside our sections. Trying to sing louder than the other sections is not a proper solution when Mrs Lim says that the Mezzos are too weak. Instead, project your voice properly. Laura taught you guys how to lift and use your diaphragm. Use those techniques and not get so airy.
I know Sop1s like to do the 'popping' as Laura calls it. I'm guilty of that too actually. And Alto2s have this tendency to go flat. But I think that if we really take the effort to exercise those muscles and really breathe deep, these problems won't be such an obstacle anymore.
We (including me) need to be much more focused too. You realise that each time we start our warm ups, someone has to call for the choir to gather and start at least three to five times. That's not a very good start you know.
Anyway, let's just work even harder than now and put in our 110% effort into singing okay!
Night!
Mei Jun
9:48 PM SINGING IS OUR PASSION ♥;